Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh the Old Gin in the Tropicana Bottle Trick...


That's a good one right? I know you used to do it in college too. Maybe it was rum in your bottle of diet coke. Or were you a vodka in your gatorade type? Well anyway, the concept is the same no matter what your choice of liquor. You are trying to get drunk without others really "knowing." Of course you cannot conceal your glossy eyes and slurred speach as well as you can conceal your clear liquor, but the goal is to be sneaky about it. Maybe you were trying to save money at a ballgame, continuing the pre-game party on the bus ride to the real party, or preventing getting a ticket at a free concert in the park. Or maybe you were in the sixth grade trying to relax from the stresses of the DC-CAS during movie day. What? You can't relate to that last one? I don't know about you, but I totally used alcohol as a coping mechanism when I was 12. And so did all of my friends. That's why I wasn't suprised at all to be interrupted in the teacher's lounge during lunch today at my school by the crazy, drunken screaming and stumbling of a drunk sixth grade girl. I felt like I was reliving my childhood when I saw the police show up to try to control her drunken episode. On top of that, I remember that time when a girl in my 6th grade class was hauled away by am ambulence in the middle of the school day for alcohol poisoning that occured while she was at school! Really though, WHAT PLANET DO I LIVE ON? WHO DOES THIS? ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS GIRL'S MOTHER WORKS AT OUR SCHOOL!? I'm sorry about the capital letters, its just a question that begged screaming. I meant what I said in my about me section. Most of what I experience in a day is just beyond words.

No comments: