Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Paris, France

After dragging my feet, I finally agreed to go to Paris.  Maybe its the French-German enmity I have always heard about, but ever since I started studying German in high school, I have always been weary of visiting France, Paris in particular. 

It was an extremely brief visit, but we managed to see a good number of sites and now I want to go back so that I can experience it in more detail.  Like Prague, I found it very enjoyable to walk around in this city.  If only it weren't so cold and rainy/snowy the whole time.  We wanted street-side cafes and sunny parks.  Perhaps next time.
No Quasimodo sightings.


But we did find a hockey team practing on the ice in front of Hotel de Ville.

So pretty at night.

We also befriended some German tourists who took this photo for us.

The romance of this shot is lost when I see the earbud in my ear and remember that it was taken while on a tour bus.


Pastry breakfast in Paris.  Its a good thing we walked so much.

We went in, but couldn't afford to really do any shopping so...

we just looked at the pretty Christmas decorations.

Arc de Triomphe.

L'Eglise des Invalides.  I think we heard at least four times that this is where Napolean's ashes have been laid to rest.

 Pont Neuf, the oldest standing bridge over the river Seine in Paris.

No comments: