Friday, December 24, 2010

First European Soccer Match

I played soccer when I was younger from 8th grade until the summer after my senior year. Sadly, other Americans don't seem to love the game as much as I do. That's why I was thrilled when the same prosecutor who hosted us in Ulm invited us to a soccer game.
This is real football.

Car lovers would love Stuttgart.
We saw Stuttgart play Koln in the Mercedes Benz Arena. We sat in a very tame section and I starred longingly at the rowdy fan section wanting to move over by them. Within 15 minutes of the game starting, the ref made a poor call and a fan lit a firework (a big one) and attempted to throw it onto the field. Unfortunately, it didn't make the field and instead hit the back of some guy standing on the sideline. Thank goodness he was wearing a parka or he could have been seriously burned.
He just wanted the vendors to come (which they never did).

The best boss ever.

You cannot properly cheer without a scarf.

I will need this if I want to be in the fan section.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really? "You cannot properly cheer without a scarf" for "real football"?

Oyster-Eater said...

They need to know what team you are cheering for so they know who to beat up in a riot and the scarf is a much cheaper option than a team jersey (that way you have more money left over to spend while getting drunk on beer)...duh!