Monday, December 6, 2010

Frankfurt, Germany

This post is more about book club than it is about Frankfurt.  With that said, we loved Frankfurt (maybe even more than Stuttgart) and can't wait to go back and explore more in January. 

Me and a view of St. Barts Cathedral.

Helping decorate the Frankfurter Christmas Tree.

Ask me how I feel about burning books the next time we are together.


Goethe Statue.

Me with our amazing hosts, the Sandifords.

Two weak American dollars in front of the big strong Euro.

Bakery namesake.

Half naked models at European Hollister store.  Only the finest nudes for the finest American clothes.

Robot made from small appliances riding a horse.

Possibly one of the last warm, coat-optional, sunny days of the year.

Book club members in front of the Frankfurt Opera House.
Like I said, we were in Frankfurt for a book club meeting.  On the first week I arrived in Germany, I mentioned to some of the other fellows how much I like reading and how happy I was to have time to do more of it this year.  They all started expressing interest and the book club was born.  So far we have read the following.

August

September

October/November


December
Every month we have a themed dinner/drinks, a book discussion, and games.  Admitedly, I am using book club as a fun excuse to plan the kind of games I would for my classroom.  However, the 20/30somethings in the group have been indulging me and very sweetly playing along with any games we design.  It is great fun and I can't wait for our December meeting in Nuremburg.

1 comment:

xenickvacco said...

RetroNova S4 Controller Is Out Of Stock - Titsanium Games
As with most other Sega Genesis clone consoles, the Mega titanium stronger than steel Drive Mini burnt titanium has a stunning new titanium pot design and can titanium dioxide sunscreen power up a Sega Genesis Mini. titanium dioxide sunscreen