Friday, May 2, 2008

Special K Red Berries

So this was a post that could have written itself. In case you missed the boat, you need to know that Special K Red Berries is not only one of the most delicious cereals created by man, it is one of the most addicting--right down to the red berry "dust" at the bottom of the bag. If you eat the cereal you know about the "dust." You must also know that eating it dry is better than eating it with milk. I have gotten into this negative habit of eating while I am teaching, especially breakfast. I pack breakfast every morning, but somehow the students always sneak into my room before I've had a chance to eat it. Today, I finally paid the price for doing this. I breathed in a piece of cereal and basically started choking. It was not my most poised moment. A student, my beverage monitor which I will explain in a future post, ran out of the room to get me water. Talking was impossible for at least 30 minutes so we had a coloring contest, the opposite of standards-based instruction. Consider lesson not-learned because I plan on eating more of my cereal, probably in front of my class, on Monday.

1 comment:

ms. mindless said...

oyster, come back. i miss your posts!