Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Annapolis


Thanks to Ms. Mindless, I have now been to the capital of Maryland. Shopping in all of the little shops was a real test for my saving skills. I told myself I would not buy anymore summer clothes and save all of my money for work clothes and professional staples. I really started looking like junk at the end of the last school year. I know it may sound silly to spend money on a nice teacher wardrobe, but when I look like junk, I feel like junk. Also, as a teacher, I plan incentive systems to get the outcomes I desire. I want to feel excited about the new school year and what better incentive to ensure that than lots of back to school shopping?
Above is the view I wish I could have seen. Mindless was trying to describe how the circle around the State House is really an oval designed to make the State House look even more impressive. I love the design.

One of my favorite things about Annapolis is that the street signs in the main historic part of the city post the year in which the street was built. I didn't take any pictures, but I found one online.
One of the weirdest things about Annapolis was the Pat Sajak Birthing Center. He is a creeper and while I love the fact that he has given back in Annapolis, seeing his name on things turns me off.

1 comment:

ms. mindless said...

i love the overhead view of nap-town. isn't that so cool!