Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good News!

I finally found out that I will definitely be teaching the same grade next year. I doubt that fourth grade is the absolute best fit for me, but I have learned so much last year I feel it is best that I continue on the learning curve with the same grade. Moving around in just my second year would probably do more harm than good in terms of my professional development. Ultimately, I would like to teach older students and be a one-subject teacher rather than a general education teacher. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that I can stay at the same grade level to improve and then start over with a different grade level when my planning, instructional, and management skills are fully developed. More to come on developments at my school soon.

1 comment:

ms. mindless said...

i finally got around to checking on your blog (since you never update) and i saw good news as the title, and though though, omg, oyster did the i;m engaged post. and, in true oyster form, you didn't.