Monday, November 1, 2010

Meissen Porcelain Factory

While in Dresden we took another side trip to Meissen.  For those of you who love good porcelain (seriously I knew nothing about it before coming here), apparently this stuff is some of the best you can get.  I've never been more inspired to spend thousands of dollars on dishes before.  Amazing.

The pottery wheel guy that every girl was having "Ghost"-style fantasies about.

Porcelain fresh off the pottery wheel.

Hand sculpting.  One sculpure takes days to complete.

Close up of work being done on a tiny porcelain foot.

Every piece is hand painted.

Close up of stencil work.

Porcelain penguins.  Please, I would like to add these to my collection.

Porcelain skunk.  I really hope my sister sees this.

Of course my sick mind thought of Twilight.  What is wrong with me.

Run porcelain mouse!  I really hope my other sister is looking at this.

If I had a million dollars to spend on my table.

This was a dessert stand.  I want to see the dessert that was on it.

Look at the dragon handles! I want this!

We were trying to copy the pose of the figures in the background.

Chanel in porcelain.

They even had a touch of the USA.  The copy of this eagle is in the American Embassy in Berlin.

No comments: