Thursday, September 4, 2008

Attention Seeker Update

The girl who is babied by her mother cried when her mom was leaving this morning! She came in perfectly happy. Her mom tried to sneak out once her child got settled. The little attention seeker ran out after her screaming "mommy" and cried, a lot. She had to stay in the hallway for a while to get it together. I just do not have the patience to deal with this. When asked about it, she just said she doesn't like when her mom leaves without saying goodbye. Uh, okay. I think she expected me to comfort her and she reached out to hold my hand for a while. I said, "I'm sorry. I bet that is upsetting." And left her to get it together alone. Did her other teachers really put up with the routine every morning?

1 comment:

ms. mindless said...

obviously her other teachers dealt with it. have you talked to her mom yet about how unacceptable that behavior is? does the mom think that its normal? i don't even tolerate that kind of mess from my first graders. weird.