Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tiny Dancer in the Bathroom

What is with the boy's bathroom this year?

Today I let a boy go to the bathroom. He follows our bathroom procedure perfectly. Raise your hand with the bathroom signal (two fingers). Wait for my permission. Sign out on the bathroom tracker. Take the pass and go.

About 5 minutes later, this student was brought back by one of our security staff members who informed me that he was not going to the bathroom, he was just dancing in the bathroom. Like full on, dance party dancing. This student left a math lesson and followed the whole procedure just to go dance in the boy's bathroom--alone! Weird. I told his mother that he did this and she just laughed and agreed that he should lose his privilege to go alone.

3 comments:

dcpeg said...

I FEEL his energy!! What a great way to burn off some energy, not that your class was boring or anything. He's a 4th-grader and it's hard to sit still. I loved your story!! Gave me a nice warm feeling to know there are kids out there like me!

Anonymous said...

So awesome. I want to do that at work on the slow afternoons sometimes since we can't leave the building except for lunchtime...

lacochran said...

Consider a stretch break in the middle of your lesson. If nothing else, it'll push a little oxygen to their brains and give you an excuse to stretch, too!