Thursday, September 11, 2008

Open Court Reading Propaganda Video

I could go on and on about all of the reasons why I hate this reading program, mostly having to do with my school's implementation of it and its focus on teacher-directed, lower-level think skills, but these teachers need to spend more time on planning instruction. I know their frustrations, but instead of propaganda videos, put your efforts into actually making changes like proving that this curriculum is NOT the be all end all of literacy instruction. Little to nothing has surfaced in my research thus far that shows that OCR is an effective reading program. Hmmmm, maybe more research into this would be a grad school paper idea...



I couldn't get the video saved to post it up here so follow the link to the video. http://www.needleworkspictures.com/ocr/blog/?p=363

No comments: