Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Strasbourg, France

We had the most spontaneous fun in the city of Strasbourg.  On our way to the cathederal we ran into a festival that was celebrating the fantasy and horror genre (my personal favorite).  To our amusement, this festival kicked off with a "Zombie Walk" through the city. 

What looked like over 1,000 people met in main square all dressed as zombies.  At first it just looked liked a gathering and then the horror movie music started playing.  The zombies had their own marching band and everyone proceeded to limp, groan, and scream as they walked through the streets.  We thought it was so entertaining that we followed taking video and pictures. 

Unfortunately, we got stuck in the middle of it and I was actually bit by one of the zombies who got waaaaaaay to carried away in the make believe.  Amusement over!  Seriously, her makeup stained my dry clean only sweater.  It was really weird being bit by a stranger.  So, if I turn into a zombie in the near future you now know why.
Big, fat cathedral.

Wide shot.

The zombies are gathering.

The zombies move.  Zombies love posing for photos.

Father and daughter zombies.

This zombie had a knife coming out of his head.  And was kinda cute for a bloody zombie.
Butcher zombie?

The Lost Boys/Matrix Zombies?

The tall guy had the best "zombie walk" by far.

Oh no!  They have my husband.

These zombies didn't bite me.

This zombie almost drooled on me.  She was doing too much.

The zombie that bit me.  WTF!?!  I guess I can be comforted by knowing that a zombie dressed as a knight ran up and staked her zombie baby right after she bit me.  Karma is a B.

What is Callie May doing in Strasbourg?

Finding where we are on the map with a smile.

My favorite photo from the trip with the ladies.

So cute!  Ice cream art at its best.

No comments: